Payments are due on the 15th day of each month no later than 5:00 p.m.
- Pay online.
- A payment drop box is located, for your convenience at City Hall, 104 East Second. Please note that the dropbox is checked daily and payments dropped off in the dropbox, on the 15th after 5:00 p.m. are subject to a late penalty fee. In the event the 15th day is a holiday recognized by the City or a weekend, the rates and charges shall be due and payable by 5:00 p.m. on the first business day following said holiday or weekend.
- We accept Personal Checks, Cashier’s Checks, Money Orders, Credit and Debit cards. Cash payments can be made at the Cowboy Bank.
Late Penalties & Disconnection Fees
LATE PENALTY: Should the amount due by 5:00 p.m. on the 15th day of the following month after the billing date not be paid in full, a ten percent (10%) penalty shall be added to the amount past due and unpaid.
PAST DUE NOTICE: The City will issue a past due notice if payment has not been made by the due date which will also serve as a notice of possible service disconnection. The customer is subject to service disconnection on the date noted on the past due notice. The City is not required to send additional notices other than the past due notices in order to be authorized to discontinue service.
DISCONNECTION FEE: A Disconnection Fee of thirty-five dollars ($35.00) shall be charged to accounts with balances of delinquent status for which service orders have been issued for meter disconnection.
If service has been disconnected by the City for non-payment or for any authorized disconnection as set out herein, water service may be re-established subject to the following conditions:
- All account balances must be paid in full, including past due and delinquent penalties.
- A Reconnect Fee of thirty-five dollars ($35.00) must be paid in advance on accounts to re-establish service during normal working hours at the Utility office in City Hall. Note that an account is considered disconnected once a work order has been delivered to the public works department for completion.
- All accounts without an existing Utility System deposit must pay the deposit.
- A cashier’s check, money order, credit or debit card payment in the amount of all account balances, including past due, delinquent penalties and deposits. Cash or personal checks will not be accepted to reconnect.
Note that no accounts shall be re-established outside of normal working hours, except under extreme and unusual circumstances, as determined and approved by the City Administrator or a designee. If approved, an additional fee of fifty ($50.00) must be paid prior to service being re-established outside of normal working hours.