Permits and Applications are needed for several activities within our city. Examples include:
- Building homes and Commercial properties
- Building an addition to your current residence
- Adding accessory buildings above a certain size
- Building in-ground pools & spas
- Remodeling your current home
- Performing home upgrades – electrical, plumbing, mechanical, storm shelters, fencing, foundation repair, window upgrades, solar systems, fencing, concrete work, re-roofing, siding/veneer replacement, water heaters, sprinkler systems and utility clearance to name a few
- Occupying a current Commercial Property
- Hosting an event in our City
- Operating a food truck or soliciting our residents
- Re-zoning or requesting a zoning change
- Developing in a flood plain
Application packets with guidelines and instructions can be found at the bottom of this website for ease of printing. Please also review the submittal guidelines as they contain examples of complete submittals and the documentation expected. Note that select permits and applications are subject to fees. You also do not need to register as a contractor to execute work in the City of Maypearl. Simply, follow our permitting process.
Several residential and commercial projects require you to go before the City Planning and Zoning Committee for approval and to ensure the work planned follows city ordinances. Examples of such projects include building a new residential home or commercial property, building an addition to your current residence, and rezoning or requesting a zoning change. The Planning and Zoning Committee only meets once a month and the schedule is posted on the calendar located on the homepage of this website. Be sure and submit your completed application packet 4 days prior to any Planning and Zoning Committee meeting to ensure your project can be added to the agenda.
If you are not sure if you need a permit, application or you have a special project not covered in the examples listed above or in the guideline instructions presented in the links below, reach out to us at City Hall prior to executing your project for clarifying information. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about City permitting and application requirements.
Hours of Operation:
8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday – Friday
(Except for City Approved Holidays)
104 E. Second Street, P.O. Box 400 Maypearl, TX 76064