You may be eligible to have your violation dismissed with deferred/probation. The Judge in her sole discretion, may defer disposition on most cases. Generally, the probation period is for 90 days to 180 days. Additional conditions may apply depending on the type of the violation received. If you successfully complete the required conditions, the case is dismissed and no final conviction will be reported.
You are eligible for Deferred Disposition if:
- You have a valid driver's license, CDL holders are not eligible;
- You have not been charged with one of the following offenses:
- Speeding 25 mph over the posted limit
- Speeding at a speed of 95 mph or more
- Passing a School Bus
- Leaving Scene of an Accident
- An offense in a construction zone when workers were present
- An offense in a school zone
- Failure to Give Information at the Accident Scene
If you are under the age of 25, State law requires you that you MUST complete a Driver Safety Course (only course - no driving record) and return the certificate of completion to the court within the deferral period.
Ways to Make Your Request:
- Appear at the court window Monday - Friday; 8:00 am - 5:00 pm prior to the appearance date on your citation
- Bring your Driver’s License
- Fees are required in full at the time of your request, the amount due will be the fee/fine amount. Payment extensions may be available, please contact the court for information.
- Payments may be made in either money order/cashier check made payable to City of Maypearl (NO PERSONAL CHECKS) or debit or credit card.
- Mail in your request on or prior to the appearance date on your citation.
- Complete the Deferred Disposition (Probation) Request Form (at the bottom of this page).
- Fees are required in full at the time of your request, the amount due will be the fee/fine amount.
- Mail in the required fee/fine by either a money order or cashier check made payable to the City of Maypearl (NO CASH OR PERSONAL CHECKS).
Mail your request form and payment to:
Maypearl Municipal Court
104 E Second Street - Box 400
Maypearl TX 76064
*** Late or incomplete requests will be rejected***